Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- See the different postures, misalignments, and movement biomechanics and how to prescribe the proper exercises for each individual.
- Understand the relationship of the Fundamental exercises to Pilates Mat exercises.
- Perform the exercises with proper form, alignment, rhythm, and breathing.
- Understand the principles of each exercise, the contraindications, and modifications for specific body types and physical condition.
- Teach a total-body workout using the original Pilates Mat exercises with confidence.
Comprehension of the Mat Exercises from previously attended Mat classes and the Physicalmind Institute video Physicalmind Workout II*, knowledge of functional anatomy from Fundamentals I* booklet and Anatomy of Pilates* book.
*Required study materials
What it takes to pass the course:
Understand the relationship of the Fundamentals to the Pilates exercises.
Ability to do the exercises with proper form and alignment.
Understand terminology of handouts and reading assignments.
Pass the written final exam.