The Physicalmind Institute created the first International Certification Program (in 1991) that teaches all the original work of Joseph Pilates and the current modifications substantiated by clinical research. One Pilates Studio represents the Physicalmind Institute in Asia in offering two key courses that lead up to Pilates Certification:
- Initiation 101 is a 15-hour course teaching Professionals how to teach Pilates Mat Classes using the original exercises developed by Joseph Pilates. ACE, AFAA, COPSKT-AKTA, ISSA, NASM, NATABOC, and SFA recognize this course for continuing education credits.
- Initiation 201: advanced matwork and standing pilates is a weekend workshop to certify professionals in The Method Pilates® Matwork.
- Concentration 101 is a 10-week course (approximately 275 hours) which certifies teachers to teach the Original Exercise Protocols on the Reformer, Cadillac/Wall Unit, and Wunda Chair.
You will learn...
- The function and rationale of the movements/machines
- Postural analysis and intake protocol
- Communication skills, including cueing, tone, pacing, and dynamics
- Muscle recruitment, biomechanics of the trunk and spinal movement, using breath with movement
- Modifications and variations of the Classic Exercises for developing individual programs